Morris Tile Resilient Installation
Morris is a large manufacturer of carpet and tile. The resilient vinyl tile of this brand can be installed over any subfloor level, stable and strong. The vinyl tile adhesive works best on a flat, dry, dust-free surface. The preparation should include ensuring that these conditions exist. Save your Morris tile installation in place at least 24 hours before installation to allow for acclimatization to temperature and humidity.
- Remove the old carpet if necessary. Remove the pad and any nail, staple or tack that is on the subfloor using tweezers. Using a pry away the trim that connects the base to the floor. Dampen a mop and sweep the entire area of installation to ensure that no more dirt or dust trapped under the adhesive, which may cause the installation to fail. Let the floor dry completely.
- Measure and mark the ground directly in front of the middle coming from the wall on both edges of this room. Do the same thing for those walls short. Draw a chalk line between the marks on the center walls long repeats for short to mark the center of your floor.
- Uses a flat serration of 1/8 inches (0.31 cm) to apply to the Morris tile adhesive on the back thereof. Scrape the glue to spread it evenly on the back of each tile. Engages the corner of a tile in one of the corners formed by the intersection of the two lines. Move the tile back and forth slightly to spread the glue and press the tile to the floor. Apply glue and pressed one second tile, it will go with the first one of the four corners formed by intersecting lines. Continue adding the two central tiles that remain.
- Starting from the first Morris tile you placed and supports a row of tiles along the center line to the butt you did between the walls short of your environment, so that this line runs parallel to the walls of your room long. Continue applying glue and adding tiles until you reach the wall. Measure the distance direct from last full tile towards the wall. Cut a piece to install involving the tile and also the wall, leaving a 1/4 inch (0.63 cm) on the wall.
- Install rows of tiles to the following three central tiles by chalk lines to install a row of tiles in each wall of the room. Cut pieces to fit into the wall, leaving a 1/4 inch (0.63 cm) on the wall. Do stop at each Morris tile against the tiles behind them without spaces. Continue applying glue and adding tiles to cover the entire floor.
- Spend a roller drum to smooth tiled floors on to press firmly in place. Allow the adhesive to set for 24 hours. Realigns the molding that goes under the skirting board and nails it in place with finishing nails and a hammer.