How to Painting Cabinets White Kitchen
If you are thinking of replacing your cabinets in the kitchen, you should consider painting cabinets white them before. Painting cabinets is a wonderful way to give new life to them without the expense of installing a new one. Many people are surprised at how a small change like this can completely transform a kitchen. Painting cabinets is not a difficult task to do, but requires some care and attention to detail to ensure that the project will come out as planned.
Directions for painting cabinet with white color
- Remove the doors of the cabinet and remove the handles and hinges. Lay the door on a few sheets of newspaper to protect your work surface.
- Thoroughly clean all surfaces of the cabinet, the walls and doors with a multipurpose cleaner and paper towels.
- Cover with tape any area you want to protect the paint with a thin tape. Cover the floor next and surfaces with plastic canvas.
- Fill any holes or cuts in mass for wood, using a spatula to spackle. Let the dough dry.
- Sand the entire surface of the cabinet with 100 grit sandpaper, following the direction of the wood. This will prepare the timber for receiving the primer. You can sand the corners and ornaments with a sanding block, but an electric sander will do the job much faster.
- Wash all surfaces sanded with wet paper towel.
- Brush a coat of primer first against the direction of the wood, then in the same direction, to ensure full coverage. Let the primer dry for four to six hours.
- Sand the surface with 200 grit sandpaper to remove any imperfections and prepare the primer for painting cabinets white. Remove dust with paper towel wet.
- Apply the second coat of primer if you are painting dark wood. Let it dry, and then sand it, as he did in the first layer. At this point, the timber must be completely smooth.
- Paint the surfaces painting cabinets white you want. Use a brush-tipped chisel to ensure that cover corners and cracks. Keep paint in a thin layer to prevent splashing, it is better to apply two thin coats than one thick and poorly finished. You can also apply to spray paint with a tin or using a spray gun for paint. If you decide to use this option, use a respirator and open some windows for ventilation.