How to Install a Medicine Cabinet Mirror on a Wall
Medicine cabinet mirror - A kit can be mounted on a bathroom wall behind the bathrooms mirror. The mirror then mounted with hinges towards the wall and opened to access the contents in the medicine cabinet. This is a practical and convenient space that otherwise would not be used at all use. Medicine cabinets are generally designed to store bathroom items for instance medicine, toothpaste or makeup.
Cut a hole
- Measure the width and height of the medicine cabinet mirror you are installing and trace an outline on the wall is 1/4 inch (0.6 cm) larger in each direction, centering it over the sink and placing it at the point where want the mirror.
- Cut the drywall using a drywall saw or knife. Be careful not to cut or damage the cables or pipes that may be on the wall where you are cutting.
- Cut any nails that may be running from the area where you will be placing the kit, using a hand saw or circular.
Create a framework
- Measure the distance between the two poles are inside the wall on either side of the hole you cut. If you had to cut a block in the previous step, you would need either cut your rear end, or modify the horizontal pieces inside the next step to butt against the wall.
- Cut two pieces of 2 by 4 inches (10.1 cm 5) to fit horizontally between the two closest to the hole uprights. Slide them into the wall so that the underside of the top of the piece of wood and the top side of the bottom piece of wood flush with the edge of the hole.
- Screw through the ends diagonally into the posts they are getting into. If you're working on a new construction, or for some other reason the vertical poles are exposed, it might be much better to drive the screws horizontally with the vertical posts and also the ends from the horizontal pieces.
- Place the kit into the hole and secure by tightening the flange at its edge and the horizontal parts you just installed.
- Install the mirror on the medicine cabinet mirror mounting their hinges over the medicine cabinet or on the wall near it, depending on the instructions of that unit.
We invite you to look at our 36 medicine cabinet mirror in the photo gallery. Bound to find many ideas to adapt to yours.